Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Attributes Renamer (v1.2) for Movienizer until v5.5 
Black Belt Squirrel

Post Attributes Renamer (v1.2) for Movienizer until v5.5
Hi all,

note : This version is only for Movienizer versions before v5.5
If you're running Movienizer v5.5 or above, please use
this version

Have you got, for example, multiple 'genres' definitions which are all similar and should be melted in only ONE definition ?
If you have 'Sci Fi' and 'Sci-Fi' Genres, you may want to have all movies concerned point to only ONE name and the one you choose ('Sci-Fi' for example).
Renaming 'Sci Fi' Genres definition in 'Sci-Fi' won't be forbidden by Movienizer but you still have two groups of movies (each one with genre named 'Sci-Fi') ...
This plugin can do the melting job.

So, let's call a movie 'attribute' an info of a movie which refers to a definition list like 'Genre', 'Country', and so...
This plugin makes possible to switch a movie attribute name to another like switching the movies pointing to 'Sci Fi' Genre to now point to 'Sci-Fi' Genre instead of 'Sci Fi'.
This can be done for any attribute (genre, country, custom fields, custom lists, and so on...)

It's also possible to automotically delete the 'old' and unwanted value définition (this cleans up values lists even if next data download should recreate it)

Once you have set all rename rules, you can run a full rename operation later with a single click ('rename all' button)
This is useful after downloading much data from different sites...

How to install ?
Just download the zip file into the 'plugin' subfolder of the Movienizer Intall Dir and unzip there.

Initially released within JeF's Tollbox, it's now standalone.

In this v1.2 (2012/01/25) :
[+] Added new 'Language' data renaming (used by Movienizer 5.x New Format for Audio tracks and Subtitles)

;)
JeF

Attachments:
File comment: Attributes Renamer plugin v1.2
AttributesRenamer.zip [291.21 KiB]
Downloaded 741 times
Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:52 pm
Black Belt Squirrel

Post Re: Attributes Renamer (v1.1)
v1.1 includes the new 'movie series' data renaming

;)
JeF

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:53 pm
Passerby

Hi JeF, excellent plugin. Very useful. A pity I haven't found it earlier, it would have saved me a lot of clicks. I had a little problem though with it.
I made a big list of changes and I had an erroneous entry in one of the fields, it contained a   entity in the source. I don't know which web site that came from but I had in field. The plugin had no problem to rename and to remove that element from the list, but then it failed when saving the lists at the end. It opened an error dialog box, said its error message, but unfortunately it was impossible to correct the error. It always came back to the error dialogue. I had to kill movienizer via process manager, because I had this infinite loop between the error dialogue box and the plugin windows on which I could do nothing to correct the problem.
May be a button ignore on the error box would have helped.
Thank you for your attention

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:33 am
Black Belt Squirrel

gallier2 wrote:
Hi JeF, excellent plugin. Very useful.
Thanks for your opinion. :)
Quote:
I had an erroneous entry in one of the fields, it contained a   entity in the source.
Could you tell me the exact string this was, containing '<' and/or '>' most probably causes the issue rather than '&nbsp;'.
JeF

Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:38 am
Passerby

JeF wrote:
gallier2 wrote:
Hi JeF, excellent plugin. Very useful.
Thanks for your opinion. :)
Quote:
I had an erroneous entry in one of the fields, it contained a &nbsp; entity in the source.
Could you tell me the exact string this was, containing '<' and/or '>' most probably causes the issue rather than '&nbsp;'.
JeF

Unfortunatly no, as the plugin did his job correctly, it removed that entry from the database and is not present anymore. The only thing I remember is the presence of the &nbsp; entity between two regular words. I don't remember if there were < or > chars in them.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:31 am
Black Belt Squirrel

Post Re: Attributes Renamer (v1.2)
Hi All,

v1.2 is out (download link in first post) :

[+] Added new 'Language' data renaming (used by Movienizer 5.x New Format for Audio tracks and Subtitles)

;)
JeF

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]