Problem with Filtermethod

Your experience with Movienizer, questions, remarks.
Gandalf65
Passerby

Problem with Filtermethod

Post by Gandalf65 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:06 am

Hello Everyone! I am new to your community and hope to find an answer here for my problem...

I have got about 300 Movies in my db. I spent about 3 days importing and updating the info ;-) My problem is, that I have got movies for me and movies for my little son. I already made a user field called "kid's movie". All Movies for my son are marked with "YES". So when I klick on quickfilter->kid's movie->Yes it works fine. but the problem is, as soon as i press on another button the program shows me all of my films again.
I hove you could follw me as far as that? ;-)

My question is now, is there a better way of "dividing" the database in these two categories?
The best way would be, if you could make user defined buttons on the bottom of the left side. The same way you can switch off or on series, tv series or movies, because this is for good.

I hope that someone can help me out there!
Thank you very much in advance!

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Re: Problem with Filtermethod

Post by JeF » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi,

Quickfilter is not intended to be a permanent filter.
I'm afraid there's no simple solution at the moment (maybe i'm wrong).

However, there's a way to achieve what you expect for your Kid using JeF's interface (not really simple to get installed but just having to install once).

With JeF's interface (if you like it), you can set the home page to a covers wall of only 'kid' movies so each start will show that covers wall.
Using few extra .bat files you can start movienizer with an interface or another without having to go and set it each time in options window (F10). Then you can use Modern one and set JeF's one for your kid : just create two shortcuts for each of the two .bat files below.

You first have to install JeF's interface from this topic and the related one (link in the post).
Then unzip the attached file into Movienizer install dir to create the two .bat files (one for JeF's interface, the other for Modern)
Create a shortcut for each one onto your desktop and name for instance 'Kid Movies' the one linked to Movienizer_JeF.bat
Then, using JeF's interface, go to a movie card of a 'Kid' movie : you'll see a hyperlink for 'Yes' at bottom of card.
Click that link and you'll see all 'Kid' Movies.
Click the 'covers' mode icon to have all covers instead of a text list
Optionnaly click the 'full screen' icon.
Click the icon of the 'checked house' : this will set that page as home page
You're done.

Next time, running 'Kid Movies' shortcut will launch Movienizer using JeF's interface and go straight to 'Kid' Covers Wall.
On the other hand, clicking the shortcut linked to Movienizer_Modern.bat will start Movienizer with Modern Interface.

Hope this will not seem too complex...
Tell me and i'll help if you choose to go that way and have any problem.

;)
JeF
Attachments
Run_Interface.zip
Two .bat files to launch Movienizer using a chosen interface (Modern / JeF's)
To be unzipped in Movienizer install dir
(548 Bytes) Downloaded 311 times

Gandalf65
Passerby

Post by Gandalf65 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:48 am

Hi Jef!
Thank you very much for your help! I could manage to install your script, its works fine, but I am afraid your solution doesn't suit my needs...
I think the better way for me (at the moment) is to make 2 seperate databases.

Maby there will be a possibility in future realeases!?

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:08 am

Gandalf65 wrote:Thank you very much for your help!
You're welcome.
Maby there will be a possibility in future realeases!?
Maybe... As i said in this post the best way (imo) would be to have a generic solution to send left pane the results list (in fact, the query definition) built in main window. Dev Team will decide... Meanwhile you may add your opinion to that post (building a 'Kid' genre will result in the same feature request).
;)
JeF