DTD is prohibited

Found a bug in Movienizer? Post your comments here.
Post Reply
sridall
Passerby
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:43 am

DTD is prohibited

Post by sridall » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:37 pm

I have suddenly started getting an error message when I try to create a DUNE movie catalogue


DTD is prohibited
Line: 1
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML


I do not use templates and noticed it started happening when I lost my internet connection. Now my connection is back but I still get the error.

Any ideas?

sridall
Passerby
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:43 am

Re: DTD is prohibited

Post by sridall » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:43 pm

I tried uninstalling Movienizer, ran a clean-up program, deleted the Movienizer folder in Program Files and re-installed... Still the same issue. It happens on all six of my catalogues some of which I have not updated in months.

I also tried editing DuneTemplate.htm and DownloadTemplate.htm removing the DTD entries but I still get the same error

sridall
Passerby
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:43 am

Re: DTD is prohibited ** Solved **

Post by sridall » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:29 am

Well through perseverance I have it working again. It seems to be a case that DTD is not sucure and something has stopped it working.

I discovered that the file in error is dune-templates.xml located in the app-data\Roaming\Movienizer\Dune Templates folder. I edited this removing the 1st and third line then gradually went through the rest of the xml removing all error items until I had an error free file. I had to remove a number of 'if' statements so not sure if there are hidden errors in the file, it is however now working.

I am happy to send out the xml file to anyone experiencing the same issue but would rather Movienizer provide a fix

sridall
Passerby
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:43 am

DTD is prohibited - easier fix

Post by sridall » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:33 am

OK this is my last posting.....

I uninstalled Movienizer, deleted the Movienizer folder in the Roaming folder and re-installed it and now it works fine

I think the problem was that I had an old version of Movienizer which had the old xml file which was not removed when I installed the latest version.

So in short, if you get this issue do the above.

Steve

Post Reply