can't download data from IMDB in Version 8.0

How to make Movienizer support new sites. Customize Movienizer.
Vlad
Developer

Re: can't download data from IMDB in Version 8.0

Post by Vlad » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:00 am

If you cannot open IMDb settings, this means that the script cannot be compiled at all. Please consider disabling / unloading your antivirus and checking if this helps. You may need to uninstall the antivirus temporarily, as most antivirus solutions, when disabled, keep running in the background. While they are no longer protecting your computer, their bugs are still there :)

Of course, it could be some other program.

If you deleted the %AppData%\Movienizer folder and reinstalled the program, there can be no other possible reason, only some kind of conflict caused by a background app.
ImageImage

aftms
Passerby

Post by aftms » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:07 pm

Same issue here:

I have been following this thread, sir Vlad or you are not "really" interested in solving the issue..

Here what I have done:
1, Uninstalled & reinstalled the software twice
2, Turned off the antivirus/security programs (killed all application from background)
3, Deleted (after backing up) the AppData files & the my documents data

NONE of those method seem to help since clearly the obstruction in within the program itself.. how do I know?

Well I uninstalled and reinstalled the version 8.1.. and all seem to work fine, the IMDB settings opens up, while there's no need since all the actor information is download without any setting tweaks..

Which clearly indicate that problem is with version 8.0 because 8.1 works just fine, and since we have license for just 8.0 and not 8.1 we cant exactly use 8.1 can we..

So unless you are indirectly want people to upgrade and keep paying for the license I don't know why else wont you investigate it manually on your end and resolve this issue, I bought the license just last year and i am not wealthy enough to keep buying the license so please resolve this or refund me my money so I could by some other organizer.

I may not be greatly tech savvy but I know basics about software issue and all the solution so for you have posted Vlad are like no help in general as everything works except IMDB SETTING wont open up.

please replay back asap and not after every 2 days,

Regards

Vlad
Developer

Post by Vlad » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:56 pm

aftms wrote:Well I uninstalled and reinstalled the version 8.1.. and all seem to work fine, the IMDB settings opens up, while there's no need since all the actor information is download without any setting tweaks..
Now I'm really puzzled as to what the problem is :shock:
aftms wrote: Which clearly indicate that problem is with version 8.0 because 8.1 works just fine, and since we have license for just 8.0 and not 8.1 we cant exactly use 8.1 can we..
All upgrades are free.
ImageImage

aftms
Passerby

Post by aftms » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:42 pm

Vlad wrote:
aftms wrote:Well I uninstalled and reinstalled the version 8.1.. and all seem to work fine, the IMDB settings opens up, while there's no need since all the actor information is download without any setting tweaks..
Now I'm really puzzled as to what the problem is :shock:
aftms wrote: Which clearly indicate that problem is with version 8.0 because 8.1 works just fine, and since we have license for just 8.0 and not 8.1 we cant exactly use 8.1 can we..
All upgrades are free.
8.1 version crashes with my Nod anti virus, hence i would rather stick with 8.0... however 8.1 does seem to download all information from IMDB but currently I am only able to use AllMovie script

Actor data download of IMDB work just fine its the movie bit doesnt work, I was just wondering if you guys gonna do anything about it or its all pointless now.

Masonic
Supporting actor

Post by Masonic » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:43 am

Yup, Actor data seems to download fine from IMDB, its the Movie data that doesnt download most the information and i have everything checked to download.

Vlad
Developer

Post by Vlad » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:58 pm

aftms wrote:8.1 version crashes with my Nod anti virus, hence i would rather stick with 8.0...
It did not crash when we checked it with Nod, but if there is a problem, you may want to report it to Nod support. If an antivirus causes something that is not a virus / malware to crash, it's a bug of the antivirus :)
ImageImage

raycomp
Extra

Post by raycomp » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:15 pm

I have the same problem with version 8.0. Nothing helps. It is a shitty version and am stuck with it. Have to do mostly everything manually.

Downloaded latest version but is demo version. Stuffed up my v8.0 database with 448 movies, now showing cant open database created by new version. The demo version works perfectly but now can not add more movies due to demo restrictions. Its shit.

We should get a fix for the v8.0 problem or at least being upgraded free to the newest version. So much for paying a lot of money for a license that never expire.

Yes a lot of money with the South African Rand exchange rate against the US$