Duplicate movies in actor's filmography

Found a bug in Movienizer? Post your comments here.
rob29
Extra

Duplicate movies in actor's filmography

Post by rob29 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:22 am

For an actor for whom I have downloaded their info (using imdb script version 61), some movies are duplicated in their filmography. All the movies that are duplicated, I have in my collection. However, not all movies I have in my collection are duplicated. The duplicated movies are shown twice - once with an 'in my collection' icon and once without. I've tried deleting the actor and adding him/her back, but it comes back the same. Any ideas?

Movienizer 6.3 Build 387

Vlad
Developer

Re: Duplicate movies in actor's filmography

Post by Vlad » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:12 am

Most probably you download information from different sites, in which case Movienizer cannot be sure if a movie with the same title is the same movie. Generally we recommend using one pair of scripts for a database.
ImageImage

rob29
Extra

Post by rob29 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:36 pm

I am using imdb_movie and imdb_person. As far as I know, that's what I've always used. Is there a way to tell what script was used to download information? Is there a way to clean up the data?

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:11 am

rob29 wrote:Is there a way to tell what script was used to download information?
For a movie (accessed from actor movie list link), go to edit window, "Other" Tab, look at links panel (bottom right) : you'll see site name and link. Site name will tell you which script was used to download movie data (including actors links).
But if you used two scripts to directly update the person card (including movies links), you can't see sites in person edit window cause there's currently no links panel.
;)
JeF